Pipping

sorry I in part though you were talking about the egg rolling around while trying to unzip :). Nevertheless I prefer to hatch them with pointy end down and not on the side, and that is what egg cartons are for.
I'm going to try that with the ones I put into lockdown tomorrow. Can they go in to lockdown point down if they've been incubated in one of the Incubators which has trays (so eggs are more on their side than pointing down?)

I'm going to try that with the ones I put into lockdown tomorrow. Can they go in to lockdown point down if they've been incubated in one of the Incubators which has trays (so eggs are more on their side than pointing down?)
if you mean those turners that roll eggs on the side as opposed to rocking, I honestly have no idea. But normally you would want to have air cell wherever it developed to remain on the top as this is where (upward) the chick would pip internally through egg membrane to have first gasps of air. The air cells may still develop at the blunt end with side turning, in which case it would be recommended to orient eggs with pointy end down for hatching.You can candle to see where air cells are.

if you mean those turners that roll eggs on the side as opposed to rocking, I honestly have no idea. But normally you would want to have air cell wherever it developed to remain on the top as this is where (upward) the chick would pip internally through egg membrane to have first gasps of air. The air cells may still develop at the blunt end with side turning, in which case it would be recommended to orient eggs with pointy end down for hatching.You can candle to see where air cells are.
Thank you. Yes that's all correct for my set up :)

Back
Top Bottom