Pippin's flock- stories, pictures and updates šŸ£

The person looking after my chickens sent me these pics... Since when did Goose grow? She copied Oreo's look too..

And I'm having doubts about saying "she"

Screenshot_20220808-145625~2.png
Screenshot_20220808-145634~2.png

So today was my last day going to the beach before we go home from holiday. Nice beach. It was a nice day.
We were walking back to the car park and we were in this grassy part, with a bar nearby and a public shower. Then I heard my sister and my dad (walking ahead) call me.

THERE WAS A LITERAL CHICKEN DRINKING OUT OF THE SHOWER!!!

So I got my phone and went a little closer to take some pics. The rest of my family (part from my sis who was watching me) continued walking to the car. I didn't want to get too close because I assumed she would be skittish and wild.

As I took photos I observed her. She was eating grass, her eyes were wide and bright, to discharge, smooth and clean feathers, and no feather loss (a little biy scruffy on the back but I assumed it was a rooster from a nearby flock.

So I declared that she was looking healthy. Great! I edged a little closer to her. I'm not sure, but I could tell that she was friendly. I could see it in her eyes.

I shuffled only a couple centimeters away from her and she remained there, and lifted her head to look at me. She WAS friendly. I touched her on her head and her back, and she didn't flinch.

So, being my chicken-cuddling self, I picked her up. She didn't panic. I held her close to me and gave her a big cuddle. EVERYONE was watching me cuddle her, but I didn't care, because it just felt so good. I've been 6 weeks without a chicken cuddle. I just can't wait until I can cuddle my own babies!!!

Basil died a year ago yesterday, so I've been feeling a little blue the past couple of days. But a nice cuddle from a sweet and soft chicken, made my day!

IMG-20220828-WA0021.jpg

They're all doing well. I've decided to settle on my 10 girls, it's so easy and stress-free when you don't have to worry about rehoming roosters, or integrating new hens. I've also been doing more digital art, and started writing. I'm trying to get my youtube channel better as well. So when you have a sweet and gentle flock of hens, it's easier to have more freetime for your hobbies. I'm really eggcited for Noodles' birthday on Saturday. I got her a large pumpkin to eat for her party!

Back
Top Bottom