Pit Bulls

That is certainly a valid point. Like any animal with the actual power to kill something it's size, or larger, there is always that concern. However, if you consider the number of pit bulls in America in relation to the number of lethal attacks, you would see that the chances of this happening are actually very slim. Yes, it does happen, unfortunately and to my very saddened heart, but it is not the norm. And, just as many generations of breeding has gone into creating a breed that is for fighting, many generations now have also gone into breeding a better family dog. A lot depends on the dogs heritage and how far removed it is from fighting lines.

Be very concerned for you children and any pets and chickens. 2 Pit bulls broke through our privacy fence and went right for my oldest daughter. Luckily, I had just put the baby down for a nap and my black lab had other plans for them. He got it by the throat and DID NOT let go even with the other one running up and biting him occationally. This was one wk after moving into our new house. My husband had his gun right there at the dogs head and I was screaming for him not to kill them. He didn't, WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. They continued to break through our fence and even charged a sheriff deputy out there because it had gotten through my fence again. He maced it. Long story short, don't trust any dog around your kids or your chickens. These people better get a grip on their dog before it grows up and is a useless killing machine. They have to be taught to have obedience it does not come naturally, the killing and attacking part comes naturally. SORRY TO ALL YOU PIT BULL LOVERS OUT THERE, JUST MY HONEST OPINION AND EXPERIENCE.

Don't waste your time and money buying them a dog kennel. Use that money to have an eight foot fence or wall put around your yard.

If you think that is too expensive, think of what the alternative would be, expensive and painful reconstructive surgery or worse a funeral.

I don't care what pit bull owners say about their dogs; statistics don't count for anything when you have a dog chewing on your kids.

Sadly, people that keep these kind of dogs are worse than the dogs. Whenever I see a house with pit bulls, I think stash house. Water seeks it's own level.

Dopers with pit bulls can ruin a neighborhood.

Call animal control every time you see the animal loose. Never miss a chance to call the cops on this type of people. Report them to child protective services at the slightest suspicion.

Record the license plate numbers of cars stopping at their house, noting times of arrival and departure. Do the best you can to drive them from the neighborhood.

Good Luck,

Rufus

rufus, I'm sorry that you think that everyone who owns a pitt is a drug dealer. We have had Miss Mia for 8 years and she is a babydoll, We do not sell drugs or defend anyone who does. It's not the dog, its the owner, Miss Mia is very protective of both my husband and myself, and at 71 we sorta like the protection, just knowing that she will stand between anything that she thinks will harm us. I have a 2year old GGD and she is always with mia,and since we live in the country with lots of snakes, Mia as been a life saver for my DH since he is almost deaf.she can hear the snakes and protects him.Any dog will bite if not trained, if you are going to have a dog, they should be part of the family, not tied to a stake, or left in a run all the time, any dog wants love not just pitts.You have missed out on one of the greatest loves possible, a responsible dog owner and their dog.(even if that dog isa pitt.
love.gif
marrie

Pit owner here......no drugs. Just a happy house with chickens that free range, two goats, two cats, and two other dogs. People and friends over all the time with and without children. It truely is how they are raised and treated.

Dont blame the dogs.....just the owners.
Tink

I like rufus idea of reinforcing your fence. We bought chain link for that very reason. Our next door neighbors son had two adult pit bulls that he bred. They busted through our wood fence regularly, though they never were aggressive. I couldn't let my daughter play in our own backyard, even with me there, because I knew if something did come up, there would be little I could do. Funny thing is soon after the son moved out and took his dogs with him.
roll.png

if you decide to go with the chain link,buy the good heavy stuff,the panels of the lighter stuff can be chewed through pretty fast,my aussie will chew trough them..I personally wouldnt own a pitbull,I have seen some bad and some very nice ones,if it came out of fighting stock it will be more aggressive then if it came out of good show stock.

Sadly, people that keep these kind of dogs are worse than the dogs. Whenever I see a house with pit bulls, I think stash house. Water seeks it's own level.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I apoligize if this comes off as witchy. I've had multiple rescue pits in my home. They've been gentle loving dogs. I've taken two through CGC (Canine good citizen) testing and another four have gone through with their new owners. My pit that was put down due to old age a few years back was a therapy dog that went into pediatric wards as well as nursing homes.

Judging someone by the breed of animal they choose to keep, to me, is akin to racism.

I'm am a hard working registered nurse. I volunteer at the humane society in my off time. With your logic I may as well be a crack head. I can't change your opinions but sweeping generalizations are uncalled for.​

Back
Top Bottom