Pitbull attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you find out the owners, even before this take a photo of each dog with time and date. Then you can go to the animal control sign papers and they will fine the owner. This infor is from my place, Hernando, FLA. It might be the same in your place just call animal control, to see what can be done.
4 dogs one owner, the fines get higher per each time then its court, if I get really lucky the owners will not be able to have dogs.
Yes I can defend my livestocks (ammo) but they will just more dogs.how many would I have use the done deal, it breaks my heart to do that.
So I am doing the photo thing, comes right out of their pockets, and I hope they can not own another dog.!!!!!!!!

If you find out the owners, even before this take a photo of each dog with time and date. Then you can go to the animal control sign papers and they will fine the owner. This infor is from my place, Hernando, FLA. It might be the same in your place just call animal control, to see what can be done.
4 dogs one owner, the fines get higher per each time then its court, if I get really lucky the owners will not be able to have dogs.
Yes I can defend my livestocks (ammo) but they will just more dogs.how many would I have use the done deal, it breaks my heart to do that.
So I am doing the photo thing, comes right out of their pockets, and I hope they can not own another dog.!!!!!!!!
.22 Magnum ammo costs around $12/box. I could take out 30+ critters with one 50-round box, allowing for a few misses and/or second shots. Cheaper than they could replace them, for sure!

I chased a dog messing with my chickens with a broom. He came back and I attacked him with my bare hands! He came back again and I sicked the dog on him. She is highly trained and chased the stupid dog to the edge of our property, but never went after him to his property. She nipped him a good couple of times, too.

But these are pitbulls. Well, I would do whatever it takes. Including a B.B gun shooting a metal wall. That scares most dogs pretty well. And if that doesn't work, maybe shoot at the ground near their feet. If you have a good aim.

I would kill every animal that tried messing with my chickens. Unfortunetely, I am too young to handle a shotgun.

LOL ok yesterday my first day with my chickens, this morning saw the dog near my coop, I was running in my house, camera? gun? camera? gun? Lol camera it was close ran back outside dog running down the driveway snap a pic Battery DEAD Lol, looked for the gun single shot pistol 30 Cal. Thompson!!!!!!

l.LOL NO AMMO, ITS NOT KEPT IN HOUSE .
LOL DANG IT!!!!!! :th

I'm all for protecting my livestock with force but when it comes to shooting dogs i think its very circumstanstial and there should be a certain procedure to dealing with loose dogs or atleast you should put forth the effort to have the problem fixed before resorting to killing a dog. The first time the dog gets out and kills a chicken, i would let it go. Dogs have a natural prey drive and its instinct for them to kill small critters that run from them and who knows why the dog is out. Maybe it slipped past the owner while they were coming inside with both hands full of groceries or their 2 year old daughter let the dog out to pee and it ran off. I would still try to catch the dog and report it to animal control and find out who the owner is. If i could find the owner i would have a civil talk with them and tell them what happened and show that i am not very happy but i know sh*t happens sometimes.

If it comes back and does more damage i would probably, depending on the size of the dog, let my dog kick its butt for trespassing. There is a danger to that method. If you let your dog out on the trespassing dog and they get to fighting, your dog had better be able to handle itself or you could end up in a worse situation than you started with. And again i would report it and i would talk to the owner, show video/photo evidence of the damage their dog caused and tell them next time their dog wont be coming home. But like i said this is circumstantial, if the second visit from the dog is a year later i wouldn't be near as mad as if it came back a week later.

If the dog were to come back 3 times within a pretty short period of time i would probably shoot it, but it would depend on the dog. If its a friendly dog thats just doing stupid things i might take it 3 counties over to a shelter and let someone responsible adopt it.If the dog was just a mean dog i would probably shoot it. Either way, in my opinion, if the owners really wanted to keep their dog, they would be more responsible with it and not let it out all the time so i would see the loss of the dogs as being their fault.

If the dog never kills anything but just likes to chase the chickens i don't see a reason for shooting it. I would deff. call the police and would still let my dog out on it but i know my shepherd can hold her own and i have seen first hand how good she is at sending the message you are not welcome here and you should never return.

I had a similar issue to this a few months back,well probably closer to a year ago. We had just moved into a new house a few months before and the neighbors up behind us have a beagle they let roam around and it always comes sniffing around our property and howling as it goes. I found it a little annoying just because i don't like it when people just let their dogs roam, but the dog never hurt anything so i ignored it. One day i was out on my 4 wheeler running the dogs(they love to chase it) and the beagle heard and decided she wanted to come run with my dogs. I thought it was funny and my dogs didn't seem to mind so i let her. A few weeks later the same thing happened but my shepherd decided that she did not want to share her 4 wheeler time with this trespasser and she laid into her. By the time i got the 4 wheeler in park and jumped off my pitbull had already broke up the fight and the beagle took off. The beagle never bothered my poultry but after my shepherd went after her, i didn't even hear the dog for about 2 months because i think the owners were scared to let her roam because she came home with a few holes she didn't have when she left that morning. Eventually the owners let her out to roam again but the dog hasn't stepped foot on my property in over 6 months because she knows what is waiting for her if she does, 75lbs of teeth, lol

Oh I have been the good neighbor SEVEN YEARS!!!!!!!! my husband and I fixed her fence all she had to do was CLOSE GATE IS THAT ASKING TO MUCH????? YES IT WAS ASKING TO MUCH FROM HER!!!! I am very sorry high caps
Her dog killed my pure breed, my best friend of twelve. Years golden retriever, that was fives ago, just last month first time talking to her since she killed my dog on my land!!! She had pure laughter as tears are coming down on my face, she LAUGHED BECAUSE MY DOG DIED!!!!!! and again told her to lock up the four dogs she owns, she believes that her dogs can roam.and its ok for her dogs to corner /chase my horses.
as I said before? Pic, time date
but if I catch any of her four dogs KILLING MY CHICKENS anger is going to get the best of me,.
that include of couses my horses. I really wish my mare would give those dogs a kick in the head!!!!

Last edited:
like i said, its all circumstanstial. If her 4 dogs attacked my dog and killed it on my land and i knew she was the kind of person to laugh, i'd shoot all 4 dogs and i wouldnt use the .22. I'd probably use the .30-.06, it makes a bigger hole which sends a bigger message. Then i'd probably sue for her for being a shitty dog owner and horrible person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom