Pitch black eggs when candling?!

At the moment I am trying to candle a Black Croad Lachen egg at day 17 and a shop bought Royal Leghorn blue shelled egg at day 6 . I am finding it so tricky with a proper candling torch? Any other suggestions? My croad has a detached aircell which has not changed shape at all since day 1 . I am now at day 17 and have been putting the egg pointy side down. I can see the chick has developped but cannot see clear movement at the moment .

At the moment I am trying to candle a Black Croad Lachen egg at day 17 and a shop bought Royal Leghorn blue shelled egg at day 6 . I am finding it so tricky with a proper candling torch? Any other suggestions? My croad has a detached aircell which has not changed shape at all since day 1 . I am now at day 17 and have been putting the egg pointy side down. I can see the chick has developped but cannot see clear movement at the moment .
Not being able to see clear movement that late isn’t uncommon. But if you can see the shadow of veins your likely good.

Oh interesting, mine is pitch black like it’s matching the color of the room I candle them in
Mine too, on day 19 (8 total eggs, 6 dark). some people here say it's a chick and should hatch shortly, while others say it's a dead bacteria saturated egg and should be tossed, so I'll wait longer.

Back
Top Bottom