1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pitiful Drake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GreatPyrLover, Aug 9, 2011.

1. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    I have two pekins...a male and a female...they are a little over four months old...yes I know for sure I have a male and a female....the male has fallen in love with the bumpers on our trucks [​IMG] ..he circles them all the time and looks at himself and quacks [​IMG] ....its really pitiful to watch him do this....the female will sit and look at him like he has lost his mind...will he ever stop doing this or how do I get him to stop? [​IMG] He has a female and has already started loving on her but he gets really excited when I drive up in the drive way...he will come straight to my truck. [​IMG]

2. LemonDoodles

LemonDoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    [​IMG] That's hilarious!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'd get him a full length mirror. [​IMG]

4. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Is his name, Narciss? That is SO funny. [​IMG]

Likely, your bumpers are saving wear and tear on your girl duck. Perhaps you should wash your cars less often.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  5. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    Its the chrome bumpers that he sees himself in...he goes crazy...its really funny but I feel sorry for the poor guy...I wish I could make him understand that it isnt another duck....guess he is giving the girl a break...never looked at it that way....maybe she likes when I come home that way he will leave her alone [​IMG] I have a video of it...maybe I will try to post it...not sure that I can...its on my phone [​IMG]

6. heidihas2ducks

heidihas2ducks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I am actually sitting in our home office nearly peeing myself with laughter...that is the funniest thing ever! How cute! You have to get some viseo of that! Thank you fo the laugh!

7. sallysinnamon

sallysinnamon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2010
    south eastern
    a friend had a turkey that did the same thing..chrome bumpers..or even the washed out reflection on the side of the vehicle..loved looking at himself

8. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:[​IMG]

I had a wild bird that did that with my car windows and house windows. He sang to himself and chirped constantly. Unfortunately, he poo'd there quite a bit. [​IMG]

Well, if I were you, I'd find a way to fence off the duck from the truck. Then, you will hear his lovesick calls.

Either that, or buy him a mirror. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by