Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

Hello Everyone!! From PA !! Being that I am dealing with a very very ill hen with possible wry neck/ respiratory infection?, I am new to this experience and just learning the ropes but I was curous if anyone from my area knew if Tractor Supply sells any Tylan 50 injections ?? I posted my issue on BYC last week and have gotten great advice so I ordered vitamins and attempted to order the Tylan but it is taking way too long to get here and my little girl is just getting worse as the days go by :( So the vitamins should be here today, but wasn't sure if I could go to Tractor Supply tomorrow and get her started on them. I am from Leechburg, , tiny town in Armstrong County. But I can travel wherever ! (as long as its in PA obviously) If anyone can let me know that would be greatly appreciated. I hope that when I get home from work the vitamins are there and I can at least get those in her its very heart breaking seeing her suffer
sad.png

Thank you !!!!

So who all got some snow yesterday??? Non-down in the southern part of Butler county but a few flakes. I heard that north of 80 got some and heard reports of up to 7 inches in some locations.
spit snow with stiff breeze here in Ligonier. Also got some snow in Greensburg. Nothing that stuck in either place.
Karen

We got snow here in Northern Indiana County, flurries much of the day and the occasional heavier squall, but no accumulation other than on a few corners on the porch and the windshield wipers on the car kind of thing. Ground is still too warm to allow it to lay more than a few minutes. The birds were still out roaming though, even the little chicks were out braving the cold!

Hello Everyone!! From PA !! Being that I am dealing with a very very ill hen with possible wry neck/ respiratory infection?, I am new to this experience and just learning the ropes but I was curous if anyone from my area knew if Tractor Supply sells any Tylan 50 injections ?? I posted my issue on BYC last week and have gotten great advice so I ordered vitamins and attempted to order the Tylan but it is taking way too long to get here and my little girl is just getting worse as the days go by :( So the vitamins should be here today, but wasn't sure if I could go to Tractor Supply tomorrow and get her started on them. I am from Leechburg, , tiny town in Armstrong County. But I can travel wherever ! (as long as its in PA obviously) If anyone can let me know that would be greatly appreciated. I hope that when I get home from work the vitamins are there and I can at least get those in her its very heart breaking seeing her suffer :(
Thank you !!!!

So sorry to hear of the sick hen.... Tractor Supply does sell Tylan, but don't know if it is the injection type or not. You can go to www.myTSC.com and type in Tylan for an item search.... it will ask your zip code to find local pricing. I think it also has a store locator on the site. I would call the stores closest to you to find out what they have on hand before travelling though. You may also try local feed mills and your local vet who may be able to advise you of a source or alternative for what you need.

Good luck, I hope your girl does well for you!

Hi PA Farmer24,
These pullets are 1st generation from our foundation trio which
are 1/2 bro and 1/2 sis to each other. We are going to do 2 things
next Spring. We are bringing in another top quality cockerel from
distantly related line and do an limited outcross. Will breed the
best pullets back to their sire and see if a further inbreeding will
add in the lack of show points showing in this current generation.
Depending on which system works better, then we will proceed.
Then in 2 generations, we will start to line-breed. Right now we
are cementing the flock's foundation so we can line-breed.
Best,
Karen
3riverschick I have been meaning to respond bu here is a true line breeding chart. Thought it might help.... Be very careful with outcrossing and with line breeding the key is to cull heavy to only keep the best of each sex unless you are doing more than one line then you would run more males and females for each individual line.

Back
Top Bottom