Pix of my Chix

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by VkyVky, Jun 4, 2011.

1. VkyVky

VkyVky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    Delaware (Linea):
    [​IMG]

Welsummer (Babette):
    [​IMG]

Buff Orpington (Woody):
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger 1 (Patience):
    [​IMG]

Easter Egger 2 (Fortitude):
    [​IMG]

Some of the names are tentative. We are doing well for new backyard chicken owners. Next is the coop build!

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Cute chicks! What will your coop look like??? [​IMG]

3. VkyVky

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    Thanks. The coop plans are being rendered in SketchUp by my husband. It is a 4' x 4' coop with 2 nest boxes stacked on the inside. We got a dual paned window from a friend and will have some hardware cloth covered vents.

4. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
  5. VkyVky

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    Terrific coop! Well thought out. I'll show my hubby for inspiration. I sometimes wonder if we will end up doing something completely different than the 4 x 4... we have mild winters and can probably do something more open and airy... we'll see...

6. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    I love your names - especially Linea. I wish you all of the best with your little chickies. It's amazing how fast they grow. I have eight bantam Barred Rocks that hatched the end of May. Their mom is an excellent broody, and I love to watch her tend them. Here are a couple of my little ones:

[​IMG]

7. VkyVky

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    Sweet bantams! I think more feathers have come in just today. The Buff Orpington seems to be growing the fastest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by