Placing cage wheels in water didn't deter mice from climbing.😠

OK, I have the solution to all the OP's problems. Why didn't I see it before???

To keep the mice from invading the quail cage after food, he can put food on the floor for them. He can buy little hamster-sized bowls and fill them with peanut butter, cracked grain, and other snacks so the poor little beasties won't have to exert themselves getting into the quail cage. Then he can lay some nice bedding down so they have somewhere to breed and a soft place to lay their little headsies. Since they love to gnaw, he can provide them with little hamster gnawing sticks, or better yet, some nice furniture. Then he can live happily ever after, and so can the mice.

The rest of us are wasting our time here. And OP, if you ever move to Arizona, please let me know so I can avoid renting to you. Enjoy your day!

To keep the mice from invading the quail cage after food, he can put food on the floor for them. He can buy little hamster-sized bowls and fill them with peanut butter, cracked grain, and other snacks so the poor little beasties won't have to exert themselves getting into the quail cage. Then he can lay some nice bedding down so they have somewhere to breed and a soft place to lay their little headsies. Since they love to gnaw, he can provide them with little hamster gnawing sticks, or better yet, some nice furniture. Then he can live happily ever after, and so can the mice.

The rest of us are wasting our time here. And OP, if you ever move to Arizona, please let me know so I can avoid renting to you. Enjoy your day!
Really? You had to get that offended you had to type out a whole post? Just walk away, if you can't positively contribute. The OP made there stance very clear. Maybe they have other reasons, maybe they are a buddhist.

On a positive note is there any way to hang the cages? That would eliminate the climbing and jumping issue.

Have no idea if this will work but at my farm to keep birds from nesting and pooping all over the porch we hang rubber snakes around the swings and lights. No more birds or poop I have no idea if it'll work for mice.

Hahaha. Oh my gosh. U're full of such great advice. As a matter of fact, I WAS thinking of passing thru Arizona. We'll talk later about that room I'm going to rent. Thanks for the hospitality. 😊

Great advice songster!

Really? You had to get that offended you had to type out a whole post? Just walk away, if you can't positively contribute. The OP made there stance very clear. Maybe they have other reasons, maybe they are a buddhist.

On a positive note is there any way to hang the cages? That would eliminate the climbing and jumping issue.
@SheaLoner are u talking to gecko lady or to me?

Geckolady. Sorry that wasnt clear
I really need to stay off the forums when I am feeling overly momish.:hmm
Oh, please don't stay away.😉 We actually need more people like u around here. I was somewhat confused because ur kindness and consideration truly caught me off-guard. Haha. I was starting to think that it was a mistake coming on this forum. Lol. But, u are so right though and I commend u for taking the stance that u did. Thank u. 😊

Back
Top Bottom