Placing my order! Crested Polish chicks!

I have 2 polish mixed in with the rest that you can see in my signature line. The buff laced polish's crest grows around her eyes like a sheep dog. I have her crest in a ponytail so she can see. Let me tell you, it made all the difference in the world when it came to her being more assured of herself. She now sees that her buddies are more than just feet.
lol.png
The white crested black polish can see much better as her crest is more like having a wide brim hat on - she can see in front and below her but not above her. No ponytail is necessary. They are not picked on by the others at all but I think I have a very, very docile bunch of girls.

I just got a golden polish chick as well as a blue cochin. I will eventually put these girls out with the rest when the time comes.

Quote:
I am SO JEALOUS! They were sold out of golden polish hens for the week I wanted delivery at MM when I placed my order today. I especially wanted those!

I ended up with 4 white crested black, 4 silver laced, and 4 buff laced. Oh, and any crested hens they put in with my sister's ornamental layer collection. (hoping the coop is big enough)

I got mine at mypetchicken. They sexed them and I only wanted girls so was happy !

I placed an order with MPC for 3 Polish girls on the 29th. I hadn't heard anything from them so I called today and they said the shipping may be held up due to the small amount ordered and I needed to add to the order SOOOO....against my better
th.gif
judgement I added 3 more Polish plus 2 more standards to complete the order.
ep.gif
My DH is going to kill me when he sees these guys show up. Anyways, I'm reading about the Polish getting picked on by the others. If it comes down to it, how do you trim their crest so they can see. Isn't there a point on the feather that you can't cut below or it will hurt them?

Cara

I trim the feathers on my white crested polish, it doesn't hurt her, it's easiest if you have someone hold her while you do the trimming.
I have my polish mixed with Buff Orpingtons and they don't pick on each other at all. They are a very happy group.

I'm waiting on the arrival of 10 golden laced polish, 8 pullets and 2 roos,from MM due 4/7, I've been waiting since the end of Feb.
At the time of my placing our order , MM was selling out of hatches for a month at a time, seems to still be so as I wanted to add to my order but was sadly told almost everything sold out until May. I plan to keep my polish with the 10 EE I ordered, I don't anticipate any problems, sure hope they don't prove me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom