Plan to build MASSIVE coop mainly for eggs....

Hello BYC'ers,

I'm terribly sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead........

So I had finally managed to get on with my project to build my coop.... well all these months later I no longer have unlimited space as I had so proud-fully boasted about before... The owner of the land (my Dad) had decided he wanted to develop the land therefore shattering my "Massive chicken coop" hopes lol.

Anyhow, all is not lost, hereunder is what I have thus far...this is 5mX5m and I intend building an entire line of these next to each other...
This would be the 'stall" and I plan on having a fenced area in the front as the run.

Ideas Please!!!...
What material to use on the outside.. wood is costly
I was thinking Iron or plastic cladding?

Thanks ALL

Hi mbelin.

Congrats on your venture and hope that you will do well.
I am on a small holding in Reivilo in the North West. Keep updating as I will love to follow your developmint.
I am shure I have seen your adds on Gumtree.
Good luck.

Kobus
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Gnostic,

So here is my progress....

I have completed the roof out of plastic sheeting....
and after contemplating what to use to cover the sides, I decided to use the same sheeting all around.

I will be using the same sheeting for the front as well.

The right side however I plan on using some netting wire as I will be building subsequent houses next to it. I want to save on the plastic sheets as they are costly. Is this a good idea?

I will be using the same plastic sheets for the frontal and will leave a gap for the doorway.... over this weekend i will be pouring concrete to the inside.

Back
Top Bottom