1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Planned coop design in progress

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TrialandError, Aug 2, 2015.

1. BleuSaphir

BleuSaphir Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2012
    I'm liking the progress! :)

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] The coop looks great! No bears in that one. Great choice of breeds too. Be careful if you want a true Ameracauna. Lots of intentional mis-spellings that are actually Easter Eggers. I got duped, all of mine lay pretty blue eggs, but egg color, body style, cold hardiness and temperament varies.

3. TrialandError

TrialandError Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2015
    SW Florida
    Thanks! [​IMG] I wish I could wiggle my nose and it be done already lol.

Thanks :) I hope no bears get in lol. One day I hope to get true Non easter eggers that lay blue eggs but for now I will settle for easter eggers and their greenish eggs. I forgot how cute chicks were. Haven't had any in 15ish years.

4. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Right? the littles are so cute! Don't discount the EE's, I have 3, 2 lay greenish blue, one lays a sky blue.

5. rides2far

rides2far Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Bakersfield California
    I love my EEs. They are my best layers. They are also very pleasant. They don't pick on anyone else. They are also very pretty[​IMG]

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I am also crazy about my EEs. Like you, I thought I wanted Ameracaunas but I am so happy with the ones I got originally last year that I added 4 more this year. No green eggs, but I have two that lay amazingly blue eggs and the rest are shades of blue with a hint of green in them. They are good birds, and those pea combs are nice in areas like mine where we see sub-zero temperatures in the winter.

7. TrialandError

Jul 23, 2015
    SW Florida
    So I was out working on my coop today and all of a sudden I hear crashing and banging coming from the woods. Scared the daylights out of me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I'd have had to change my pants...and would not have been able to take pics....YIKES!!!

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Um, I imagine it goes without saying that predator proofing will be in your plans.... [​IMG]

10. TrialandError

Jul 23, 2015
    SW Florida
    I ran so fast lol. Got on the porch and opened the slider grabbed the cage the chicks are in and stuck them in the house just in case he came crashing through the porch. Then I turned on my video and was outside taking video ready to dart inside and shut the door in case he got to close. The video is shaky cause it was scarry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by