PLANNED POULTRY GUARDING DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
New layer of protection is coming on line. This evening dogs got riled and ran out barking to southeast (no chickens there any longer) which got Trueman riled. He ran over and the large Maglite then followed dogs out door trying to shine light on dogs. Trueman clearly is developing an interest. Hopefully he does not take to imitating my cussing. I am amazed at how he can pack and operate such a large flashlite.

New layer of protection is coming on line. This evening dogs got riled and ran out barking to southeast (no chickens there any longer) which got Trueman riled. He ran over and the large Maglite then followed dogs out door trying to shine light on dogs. Trueman clearly is developing an interest. Hopefully he does not take to imitating my cussing. I am amazed at how he can pack and operate such a large flashlite.
Good luck with the verbage, I never had much luck stopping the unwanted verbage
he.gif
. Your Trueman is a quick study from what I have seen from the little you have posted on here.

Scott

It's about guaranteed that he will...lol.....the key is to teach them how (meaning when and where) to cuss. ;-)

WEATHER FRONT STIRS DOGS UP

At about dark a weather front involving storms came rolling in with a good stiff breeze. This contrasted with the oppressive heat and humidity during the bulk of the day. Both dogs were getting almost as riled by this type of an event as they are by something like a raccoon treed in a small tree. The wind I think stirs up lots of fresh smells. I do not know if such weather actually impacts the activities of the predators.

Granted I'm from Delaware, but I've found through personal experience and from Wild Life Rehabers that most wild animal activity tends to hunker down for bad weather. We have gotten some pretty nasty hurricanes for the past 2 years and that's when you see the least wild life activity. But just my observation for my area.

COLD NIGHT PROMOTING MOVEMENT OF WHITE-TAILED DEER

We have gotten our first cold night of season and deer are on the move. They are getting up into pasture and yard much earlier after dark than they have over summer. The dogs chase them at most a couple hundred yards. Two bucks that were normally the only deer coming into yard were hanging out in thicket behind house but they appear to have been joined by others. If like last year the others will be bucks as well and the new comers will be getting into fence until they learn where it is located. They will also keep dogs more distracted since the bucks seem to push each other about with some coming back into yard even after dogs said "get". Maybe this year they will remain once gun season opens.

I watching Trueman sitting in road when some drama was going on behind him.

Red-tailed hawk was off to left of image. Scoob and Lucy were watching him while Ralph stood post in front of cover Brownie and juveniles were in.

A reason long hair is not always pleasant for a dog. Sticktights!

DITTO! like a fox guarding a hen house. he still is not grown yet. he will get the hormones, the territory markers,

for reference, we adopted a beagle mix and she thought it was so fun to chase the ducks. malled them not really attacked them. through a series of manual corrections, and dragging a dead duck around for a week hanging from her neck, more than once, the dog has decided that she will leave them alone. still, with 4 dogs, it is quick to get nasty if another one starts it because then they all join in.

there is a big difference in a dog that is young and one that is older in his adulthood. but raising the dog with the birds is a plus for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom