Planned power outage during hatch?

Just FYI, but a UPS isn't intended for long periods of power loss. They are intended to give a sys ad enough time to gracefully shut down all of their servers in case of a power outage. An incubator draws a lot less power than a server, so it might work, but if you choose to do this, make sure to check how long the power is supposed to last.
I have my incubators connected to a good sized ups that used to backup a small server room. I have the brinsea ovation 56ex and a nurture rite 360 plugged into it, and it can go about 4 hours according to the view screen. I have never needed it longer than 3 hours and at about 3 hours it said it still had about 2 hours left, but my power had been ripped from the house by a garbage truck and was dangling and fluctuating still part connected, so it got moments of power.

They make car battery jumpers that you plug in to your power and charge up, and you can either use the jumper cables it has sticking out of it, or you can put in an extension cord on an outbound outlet on it and power stuff for a while, I think the one I used to have cost about $30 new in 2005 so figure in inflation it’s probably 40-50 now.

Back
Top Bottom