Planning Board & the annoying neighbors UPDATE 5/26/2011 Happy Ending!

On a more upbeat note, we got a letter from the town with the transcripts from the meeting. They added at the end that after further review of our title search the town has ruled that the restrictions on the property are not applicable! Now we just have to get everything ready for the planning board, although we are probably going to hold off until spring now. My husband is loosing his job and has a few job offers coming in so we are waiting to see what happens with that until we move forward. We are so fed up with this area we might just move, he has some opportunities in western NY, in an area that is very rural and closer to his family. I even found a few properties that have barns already on them that we are going to look at when we go visit my hubby’s family for Christmas. We are still going to go through the process of getting the approved site plan though, because we already paid for everything. Plus, even if we move my sister still needs a place to house her horse.... and it will peeve the neighbors off
tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope your dh will find a good job,and your sister can use the land if you move. Lol on the pig pic. I hope her neighbor gets some farm animals.

I think I'd sell it cheap to someone who wants to install a rendering plant...... or something equally smelly!

Good luck on the job search, hope he gets one where you can have all the livestock you want!

Last edited:
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

That's about how I feel right now. We met with the Town Planning officer last night to go over what we need, which is A LOT. He pretty much said if we lived someplace else that this wouldn't be an issue, but because of the town regulations we need to go through the same process to start a little backyard farm as someone trying to start a bloody commercial farm, which means plans drawn up and approved by a certified engineer! OMG! This is ridiculous. The only good thing is that the Town is very sympathetic and is walking us through the process; they are being as helpful as possible. I just can't believe all the hoops we have to jump through just to have a few animals. The first of 3, yes 3, meetings is this Tuesday so wish us luck.
smile.png

It would be so much easier to just move, but we have to wait at least another year. It's going to bite doing all this just to pack up and move, but I'm tired of this area and we want to be closer to our nieces and nephews.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
If it's only a year, why are you going through all the huff? I mean, I'd prolly still do it just to give a
tongue.png
to the hateful bags but other than that... a lot of work, time, money and after all of that you'll only have a few months before you have to pack everything up (do you already have trailers/etc needed for moving or is that another expense?) to move? Or is this going to be left behind for family to be able to do?? That would make sense... but is all this paperwork going to be in your name, only you can use it, or is it going to be in the whole family's name so any can?? Transferring rules? Seems an awful lot of work to just move away... and then the bag would get the satisfaction of "running you off" at least in her own head... but then if you cave and don't do it then she gets that anyways. Meh, what a bloody mess. More
hugs.gif
to ya.

Well, once I figured out where you are, PLATTSBURG, I realized what a bustling metropolis it is and OF COURSE realized, why definitely they need all this, bustling metropolis that they are....

not.

Move out here, lots of properties for sale and judging by the frequency of grow houses in the area, not too much intervention...LOL.

Quote:
If it's only a year, why are you going through all the huff? I mean, I'd prolly still do it just to give a
tongue.png
to the hateful bags but other than that... a lot of work, time, money and after all of that you'll only have a few months before you have to pack everything up (do you already have trailers/etc needed for moving or is that another expense?) to move? Or is this going to be left behind for family to be able to do?? That would make sense... but is all this paperwork going to be in your name, only you can use it, or is it going to be in the whole family's name so any can?? Transferring rules? Seems an awful lot of work to just move away... and then the bag would get the satisfaction of "running you off" at least in her own head... but then if you cave and don't do it then she gets that anyways. Meh, what a bloody mess. More
hugs.gif
to ya.

If we don't go through this process we either face a fine or have to remove the animals from the property, and even though we are moving my sister isn't and so she would still be using the land after we left. The land is in my mother's name so we don't have to worry about transferring it over. I say a year, but depending on a lot of factors we may have to stay longe.

Back
Top Bottom