Planning Board & the annoying neighbors UPDATE 5/26/2011 Happy Ending!

The United States, according to the "Original Plan" had a PEACEFUL mini-revolution at the "ballot-box" last November.
PERHAPS what this Country needs NOW...is a PEACEFUL MAJOR-REVOLUTION at the "ballot-box NEXT TIME we get a chance.

But, tell me.....
HOW do we "un-elect" these "Thieving City Planners" who were NEVER ELECTED in the First PLACE ???

They have "stolen" our Property Rights....and MOST FOLKS don't even know it !!!

(I spent 6 years on a Planning Commission in a medium-sized City in Colorado (2 years as Chairman). I fought the whole time for the Property Rights of the Landowner.......

NEVERTHELESS....the "City Planners" have triumphed.

Whatcha gonna do....GIVE UP ???....and maybe move to Afghanistan where there ain't no LAW at all ???

Go ahead and tell me......Whatcha gonna do ???

a Constitutional Patriot,
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. I KNEW we should have had Robert Bork on the Supreme Court. Who do we get NOW? Elena Kagan.
somad.gif
th.gif

Quote:
No, I'm giving up and moving to Amish country no one cares what you do there.
smile.png

All that you will accomplish by "moving to Amish country" is delay the inevitable. The more people that move there (like you)...the more it will be JUST LIKE where you are NOW.

I saw THIS happen in Colorado. We had a LOT of people move in from Batavia, NY and from Rochester, NY to work at a new Kodak Plant. They brought their NY attitudes to Colorado and used their Colorado Votes to make it like their "hated" New York. "Hurrah for me and "_____" my neighbor". Foolish.

(You aren't changing a thing in a POSITIVE way......You would only be "running-away". "Running-Away" NEVER WORKS in the Long-Run.)

But, I bet it would be NICE to live in "Amish Country".
wink.png
smile.png

GOOD LUCK !!!
smile.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

P.S. I certainly "sympathize" with your problem. It is a "problem" throughout our "so-called" Democratic Republic.
hit.gif

Quote:
Call me suspicous, but that statement right there should be a red flag. What do they know that you don't. I doubt that engineer wants that property just to look at it or to drop several grand for some animals. My gut would say something bigger is in the works, he knows about it and is looking to buy cheap and then make a tidy profit later on.

Quote:
Call me suspicous, but that statement right there should be a red flag. What do they know that you don't. I doubt that engineer wants that property just to look at it or to drop several grand for some animals. My gut would say something bigger is in the works, he knows about it and is looking to buy cheap and then make a tidy profit later on.

Oh we know what we have
wink.png
, 13.6 acres of prime development property with public water and sewer. If you have the money to subdivide and develop it is a very valuable piece of property. Don't worry if they want it they are going to pay us what we know it's worth.
smile.png
We've had developers chomping at the bit to buy it for years. My grandparents originally bought it so it wouldn't be developed, but with us being unable to use it for what we want me might as well sell it and buy a larger tract of land someplace were we won't have issues with annoying neighbors or overly restrictive town guidelines. I actually use to be a real estate agent so they are not going to be pulling any fast ones on me.

Last edited:
All my animals (except my chickens those we will probably be giving away and we will just purchase more) are moved down to western NY. My hubby's aunt was kind enough to take them in until we can find a place. My husband has found a job in Erie, PA making almost twice what he was making up here and as soon as our houses sell I will be joining him. This past weekend we looked at a beautiful farm for sale with almost 25 acres and an AWESOME barn
droolin.gif

It's not the ending I was hoping for but it's still a happy one. I just want to thank everyone on BYC for their support and advice.

Back
Top Bottom