Planning On Clipping Turkeys Wings

LoveMyChickenBabies

Crossing the Road
Sep 11, 2018
Kansas USA
Hello all,

We are planning on clipping our turkeys wings this spring when the wild turkeys come so that she/he doesn't fly away with them. We would appreciate any tips or tricks that you have learned. This is our first time clipping a fowls wings so we just want to make sure we don't mess up. I will be gone late tomorrow until Sunday for Thanksgiving with my family. If you have any questions during that time, just quote this message and ask. I probably will not be able to reply until I get back, so keep that in mind. Thanks in advance!

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all,

We are planning on clipping our turkeys wings this spring when the wild turkeys come so that she/he doesn't fly away with them. We would appreciate any tips or tricks that you have learned. This is our first time clipping a fowls wings so we just want to make sure we don't mess up. I will be gone late tomorrow until Sunday for Thanksgiving with my family. If you have any questions during that time, just quote this message and ask. I probably will not be able to reply until I get back, so keep that in mind. Thanks in advance!
Only clip one wing and remember that turkeys can jump really high so clipping a wing may not solve your problem.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-clip-turkeys-wings.1232196/

Top Bottom