Plans for a a future spoiled house chicken!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ivybirdy, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Ivybirdy

Ivybirdy Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm looking into getting a batch of sultan chicks, I really wanted a serama but I couldn't find any for sale. So I chose sultans, I like how feathery they are, and I've heard they can be very tame and sweet if handled right. Which won't be an issue as they will get lots of attention. I'm ordering 8-10 from Ideal St run. I will raise them till they are old enough to tell what sexes they are. Then pick out the best hen (If I get any hens) to keep, and give the rest of them to my friend who has a farm and raises chickens. The hen I keep will be a spoiled house chicken, and will get to run around inside and outside when I'm around to watch over her. I will be getting her a chicken diaper for inside use. I will also be building her a stylish indoor coop. Which is a coop and a table. I'm using these plans http://ana-white.com/2010/10/large-wood-pet-kennel-end-table but I plan to modify it to suit a chicken better.

:)

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, that's some coop! Maybe you will want to have 2 chickens? Just to keep each other company. Have fun!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    How neat! What a stylish indoor coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by