Plans for the new year??

What plans do you have for the new year?

• Expanding my flock

• Adding on to my coop/run

• Setting up a breeding flock

• Other

• Getting rid of all my chickens! Who wants chickens anyway?

Results are only viewable after voting.

M-H-Fielding

Formerly known as -7-6-
Apr 10, 2019
Oermount
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, everyone!
With the new year literally right around the corner(or already here, depending on the time zone you live in), I was wondering what plans y'all had for 2022?
As far as my poultry keeping plans are concerned, I want to expand my turkey flock and begin breeding, get a few more roosters to up the chance of fertile eggs from my chickens, and expand my pigeon flock. I also want to try out both pheasants and doves.
I am interested in the Ayam Cemani breed, though I don't know if I should order some while I already have so many other breeds!
I hope to continue raising Guinea fowl, Pekin and Muscovy ducks, and I would like to find some geese.
My brooder box is a bit small, so I am thinking of getting a second one for older chicks and a third for newly hatched ones. My idea is to start hatching my own chicks instead of ordering them online.

What plans have you all made for 2022? Please, feel free to share!

I am planning to acquire No More Poultry. Of course, that was my plan last year, and I added eight chickens.

What I should do is rebuild two of my coop runs. Let's hope I stay on track better than I did last year. To accommodate all of my new chicks, I had to build a new coop -- when lumber was at record high prices.

Should I fail to rein myself in, at the very least I should Never again brood babies in the guest room. I am still cleaning "chick dust" out from under furniture and behind curtains.

I am planning to acquire No More Poultry. Of course, that was my plan last year, and I added eight chickens.

What I should do is rebuild two of my coop runs. Let's hope I stay on track better than I did last year. To accommodate all of my new chicks, I had to build a new coop -- when lumber was at record high prices.

Should I fail to rein myself in, at the very least I should Never again brood babies in the guest room. I am still cleaning "chick dust" out from under furniture and behind curtains.
Yes. The chick dust is terrible... My garage could tell you

Back
Top Bottom