Plants in Coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jenkassai, Oct 28, 2011.

1. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi all! Just moved my girls and Smidge into their new coop tonight. I plan to keep them in there for a bit until they are used to it, so they know it is home. It is spacious enough that they have plenty of room (10 sq feet per bird). I plan on putting a dust box in there tomorrow, and was also going to give them my pepper plants that are done, pot and all. Anyone see a problem with the plant in the coop? I'm sure they are going to make a mess of it, and didn't know if them scratching the dirt everywhere would be an issue in their litter inside the coop? I just thought it would help to keep them occupied during their confinement.

Thx!!

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

They will love the plant in the coop............well they will love the dirt in the pot mostly. They will share this joy with you, by trying their best to fling the dirt to the coop floor. [​IMG]

The only issue I could see is if the dirt gets wet - it would be icky.

3. bantamboy

bantamboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Conway Sc
    they will definatly love the plant in there i put green grass clippings and weeds out the flower beds and stuff like that in there all the time they love to grab it and run and try to get the others to think they have something and chase them, oh so fun to watch hahaha. plus all the green plants and stuff make the eggs yummy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by