Plastic Playhouse Chicken RUN

scarlethand

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2021
So I have two plastic playhouses. My thought was to make one (which has plastic flooring) the coop and the other one to be a run. I was thinking about predator proofing them both, attaching then together, and putting a skirt on the one that has no flooring. Do you think it would be okay to use a playhouse for a run? Too small? I only have two chickens as stupid raccoons killed my chickens inside the omlet coop i bought so i returned it. I have all my money sunk into a vet bill for fixing one that had its wing ripped off from that raccoon so I want to make something super cheap

The faded one would be for coop and red and tan for run. But i understand the response about windowless jail cell maybe it should be open. I am just so unhandy the thought of building a run is daunting.

Attachments

• 20210324_175213.jpg
    20210324_175213.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210319_113004.jpg
    20210319_113004.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 23
Now seeing what you've got, I would only keep one of the two, I don't think I could live with the aesthetic of the two different profiles fused together. If it was my project, I'd likely keep the red/tan one for the coop and either attach a run structure, or stick the whole thing inside one of those fence panel animal kennel kits.

So I have two plastic playhouses. My thought was to make one (which has plastic flooring) the coop and the other one to be a run. I was thinking about predator proofing them both, attaching then together, and putting a skirt on the one that has no flooring. Do you think it would be okay to use a playhouse for a run? Too small? I only have two chickens as stupid raccoons killed my chickens inside the omlet coop i bought so i returned it. I have all my money sunk into a vet bill for fixing one that had its wing ripped off from that raccoon so I want to make something super cheap
How were they able to access your chickens in your omlet coop?

So if i was to stick the whole thing in a large kennel would i still need to modify the playhouse right to make it weatherproof. Im in sunny florida so winter is no issue but for the rain just cover windows and such with wood? I appreciate everyones responses!

Back
Top Bottom