Platinum Andalusian?

I don't see platinum blue, to me it looks like Rusty Splash/Blue rooster
X2 He shows gold leakage.
The gold gene is in Andalusians, but you don’t see it unless a bird is very diluted like splash. You can breed two leakage-free blue birds together and get splashes leaking a lot of rust. It also expresses in blue fowl right before they molt.
All of which nicalandia told me of course...
But I observed this in my blue d’Anvers and I can concur.
My blue cockerels are completely leakage free even though their splash father and brothers show a lot of leakage.
You have very beautiful young Andalusians, and your cockerel is very handsome.

X2 He shows gold leakage.
The gold gene is in Andalusians, but you don’t see it unless a bird is very diluted like splash. You can breed two leakage-free blue birds together and get splashes leaking a lot of rust. It also expresses in blue fowl right before they molt.
All of which nicalandia told me of course...
But I observed this in my blue d’Anvers and I can concur.
My blue cockerels are completely leakage free even though their splash father and brothers show a lot of leakage.
You have very beautiful young Andalusians, and your cockerel is very handsome.
ok, Ive never seen gold leakage in a splash, thanks for the info. His colors really threw me off...looked kinda splash, but that brownish/reddish/goldish saddle feathers and some nape are throwing me off. So the closest I found in color was that Sumatra I posted.

I know platinum Sumatras.
I breed for colors/patterns and I'm just not seeing your bird being that. Granted im on a phone screen and you only posted one pic.
I also know the dun gene isn't in a ton of breeds and I know what it would take to introduce it into Andalusians and then breed them back towards their standard while maintaining it. Thats a project.
When your birds are grown test breed him to some blacks. If he is splash the offspring will all be blue.
If he is platinum then they would throw blue, black, dun and platinum.
Ok, I don’t have any black pullets, but I do have splash, so if he’s a splash also, I should get 100% splash offspring...so should be same difference as breeding him to a black pullet.

I know platinum Sumatras.
I breed for colors/patterns and I'm just not seeing your bird being that. Granted im on a phone screen and you only posted one pic.
I also know the dun gene isn't in a ton of breeds and I know what it would take to introduce it into Andalusians and then breed them back towards their standard while maintaining it. Thats a project.
When your birds are grown test breed him to some blacks. If he is splash the offspring will all be blue.
If he is platinum then they would throw blue, black, dun and platinum.
giphy (1).gif

So, I haven’t been really hatching eggs from him, been selling a couple here and there. But I have one blue sapphire olive egger in the pen with him, so I’ve been trying to hatch those eggs. So far I’ve gotten 1 blue and 2 BLACK chicks. SO....if he was splash being bred to a blue, chicks should only be blue and splash....so, maybe I’m right and he IS a platinum? My black Andalusian hens are almost old enough for him to do the test, btw.

Back
Top Bottom