Played a trick on an egg eating hen and.........

Quote:
I was just wondering about this exact same thing, we think we have an egg eater we keep finding less and less eggs and the nesting material is wet and the rest of the eggs have yolk on them....never seen any of them eating the eggs but to have yolk on the est of the eggs it had to go somewhere right??

I think blue food dye might tell me who the culprit is....

As someone has already said, chickens cannot taste capsaicin in peppers, but mustard will work. I recently had an egg eater and someone told me to fill an egg with mustard, and seal it. It took care of my egg eater right away.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

How many eggs could they eat theoretically? I have 17 hens and have received a total of 3 eggs since November. Most of them were molting, so I blamed it on that, but it's been three months. Could they be eating them?

Quote:
well I was getting 21 eggs daily no matter what until we started noticing wet yolk on the eggs now we are getting 10 or 11 daily that is a difference of 10 eggs per day that are being eaten. but some could just not be laying and therefore I have no real way of knowing how many eggs my egg eater(s) are consuming :-(

Quote:
Presuming you can get a deactivated die pack, it is unlikely that the dye is not toxic. The dye is designed not be wash off, but to stain.

Also dye packs are controlled items, the banks do not own them, but get them as a protective service. Dye packs are designed to explode with a moderate amount of force to fling the dye everywhere thus marking the thieves. If the dye pack wasn't deactivated, you won't have to worry about anything other than getting yourself cleaned up and explaining to the cops why you are covered w/ the ink.

Quote:
Presuming you can get a deactivated die pack, it is unlikely that the dye is not toxic. The dye is designed not be wash off, but to stain.

Also dye packs are controlled items, the banks do not own them, but get them as a protective service. Dye packs are designed to explode with a moderate amount of force to fling the dye everywhere thus marking the thieves. If the dye pack wasn't deactivated, you won't have to worry about anything other than getting yourself cleaned up and explaining to the cops why you are covered w/ the ink.

I know this.I was joking. you know ha ha
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom