Played a trick on an egg eating hen and.........

Well, that is one way to get rid of an egg eater.

... Why isn't there a dead Smiley? My post definitely needs a dead one. This is the closet I can find, so it will have to do until the mods do something useful and make a dead emoticon:
old.gif

Last edited:
Yeah.. I thought they always used Dawn on animals that were involved in oil spills. Obviously those animals probably ingested some Dawn at some point...

They use original formula Dawn to clean off animals from oil spills. The Antibacterial formula could very likely make them extremely ill or extrememly dead...ya gotta remember the gut is loaded with bacteria..both good and bad. Killing off the good bacteria could result in a severe case of indigestion or death I would imagine just by dehydration from runny poos.

Nope, they're all fine. No one sick or dead or even close to dying by the way everyone clammered for the feed - I cleaned out that particular nest box with fresh shavings, some residue in there, definitely an egg eater, no other pretators in there. Yes, I do have more than one nest box for 20 birds.

Quote:
phew..glad no one got sick! have you tried the hot sauce thing?? Ive never had this happen all though when an egg breaks from me being clutzy and them being ALL over that!

Hot sauce? No, have you tried it, does it work? I have fake plastic eggs in there and they ignore them. I know it's not a predator, it's one of the big girls, I'm thinking the partridge chantecler since she was broody for about three months (yes) then when she stopped, the egg eating started. I guess hot sauce is next...............

Quote:
blow out a few eggs and fill them with hot sauce!!! I havent treid it but sooo many people on here swear by it-or hot mustard..
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Chickens can't taste "hot", they don't have the right kind of taste buds...I used the antibacterial Dawn too with no ill effects. Mine ate it too, but then she never touched another egg.
wink.png

Quote:
Chickens can't taste "hot", they don't have the right kind of taste buds...I used the antibacterial Dawn too with no ill effects. Mine ate it too, but then she never touched another egg.
wink.png

Sigh.................I hope so, later today will know for sure

Back
Top Bottom