Playhouse coop questions...grrrr

So many requests for coop plans and so few out there! Gets me thinking of an idea:

What if we all voted on a bunch of our favoirte coop designs and then, as a group, donated some money to pay a designer to come up with some quality plans that could be posted on the site for everyone to use?

Quote:
I think that is a great idea! I would go in on that.
big_smile.png

Unfortunately as a DH I am attracted to the word PROJECT way more than I should!
roll.png

CRAPZILLA!!!! I bought the same plans! I thought the price was ridiculous too, at first, so bought the book of 45 building plans that has the plans. Well, the book doesn't give details, which is then when I broke down and bought the plans online. I am taking them to the Architectural Department of the engineering firm I work in tomorrow. They agreed to help for free eggs. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Hi FarmerJones,

I actually had a private email conversation with the seller of the plans (after he saw my frustration on this thread) and he was kind enough to offer a refund for my plans...which I gladly took him up on! So if you're having difficulty with your plans, you might want to email him; he was very understanding, and he also said he would change his description on this website to reflect that this is not something easy for novices to build. Hope this helps.

Amy

P.S. My husband and I decided to build our own and it's going great! Others encouraged me to design our own and I'm so glad we did. You might want to think about it!

What a night last night! These plans were all I could think about! I spoke with Dale in Architecture this morning, and he was able to clear up lots of my questions. Then, I ran into a guy from the Construction department who is very handy. He was anxious to see the plans, we talked about the modifications I wanted to make, and now he is redoing them in CADD in an easy-to-read format, along with an updated materials list. I will absolutely let you know how they look. I'm so relieved and excited about it that I went out and bought the new feeder and drinker for it after work!
big_smile.png

Hey Farmer! PekingBantams is where I got the ideas for my modifications as well!

It helped fill in all the gaps of things I couldn't figure out on my own.

I've seen the plans for the Playhouse coop.
th.gif
It's true, you need some experience in building to figure things out.
hu.gif

Agilityscots---Glad you got things worked out with the seller. I give him bonus points for giving you your money back.

I was going to buy the plans on-line but found 45 Building Plans for Housing your Flock and the playhouse coop was in the book - not much detail but my dad is a great builder. What the plans didn't give, he made up on his own. I like the coop, but IMO it's to small. I already want more chicks. Here is mine

HPIM0509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom