Playing POSSUM!

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
Came home from picking up my 'other' children from school and when walking to the coop to check for eggs we hear growling under our shed. After realizing something was cornering a chicken under the shed I got a shovel out and banged on the shed. OUT comes the neighbors DOG...he sits down on the ground cowling like he did something WRONG. I peer under the SHED and there is a chicken squeezed up under the shed NOT moving.
I quickly took the neighbor dog back and locked him in his dog house and then returned to find the rest of the flock. The flock was hiding in the woods like nothing was wrong digging around.
Then I put the kids in the house and went to retrieve the 'dead' chicken to bury her. I looked under the SHED and nothing WAS there!! Then around the corner she comes trotting like nothing was wrong.

I THINK she was playing possum to get the dog away from her...the dog was too big to squeeze where she was. I'm surprised she didn't die of the shock. I'm so happy...and now paranoid...but HAPPY she's alive and SO smart!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom