Playtime outside!!! Beautiful 85 degrees today in GA

Magenta_Chick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
Georgia
Took my 8 BOs outside for a bit of playtime this afternoon. I made a little pin out of some old screens we had laying around, it did the job
big_smile.png
I stayed out there and had just as much fun watching them as they did playing.

84948_dsc00147.jpg

84948_dsc00148.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
They are a few days over 3 weeks old. It's looking like at least 3 if not 4 of them are roos
idunno.gif
which only leaves me with half of waht I started with
hit.gif
but im keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif

Quote:
Thanks! DH was inside studying for his finals, so I was left to do it all by myself... it's the best/easiest thing I could think of that I could do by myself

I have 32 buff orps that are 4 weeks old today. You can already tell that some are roos? How can you tell? are they starting to get cones? I got one free mystery chick that looks like it is starting to get a cone, is that how you can tell?

Thanks, Buffs only

Quote:
I'm new to chickens, but from what I can tell from looking at pictures, even the BO hens have red combs and waddles, but the roos are much bigger. Right now I have one who already has bright red waddles and a bright red comb. Also, I have about 2 maybe 3 more who are getting much bigger combs than the others.

You can look at the individual pictures in this post to see what I'm talking about:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=494909

Thanks, after looking at your photos I don't think I have any roos, except for my free mystery chick. I ordered all hens from McMurray and looks like that might be what I got.

Buffs only

Back
Top Bottom