Please Be Seated For Bucky's Funeral

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 30, 2010.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Here Lies the spot of a great rooster. One who always looked out for his hens and was a great rooster to be around. He was a handsome bird and always my favorite.

R.I.P. Bucky R.I.P.
    [​IMG]
    It was about 2 months ago that I heard squaking and screeching in our pen so I ran out and I saw all the hens running in the coops and Bucky with blood covered all over him. I also saw a coon. Bucky was fightning the coon. I tried to get in there but my parents stopped me because they didn't want me to get hurt by the coon. So all I could do was watch and wait till my brother got home from the shooting range to kill the coon. by the time Chad (my bro) got home I knew the time for Bucky was little. Chad "executed" the coon and we got Bucky out of the run. It was not much but a hour later that Bucky had passed. He died protecting his hens. I don;t know what other rooster would do that. Bucky was the best rooster I have ever had. R.I.P. Bucky.
    Here are some more of his pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As all people should, we must look forward to the future. We now have a new rooster in command. Bucky's son B.J. Also his new sidekick we adopted named Phoenix. Here are who is taking Bucky's place.

[​IMG]
    Bucky's son B.J.

[​IMG]
    Phoenix the 2nd roo in command.

R.I.P. Bucky R.I.P.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Bucky was beautiful. I am sorry for your loss, that must have been very hard to deal with.

3. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Hold your head up high for Bucky.He did his job. He is worthy of honor,not sorrow. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. pawprint2104

pawprint2104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    What a great memorial for a great roo. Clearly, Bucky was a beloved member of your flock. He's a very handsome roo, too!

Be sure to secure your coop to prevent any future occurrences.

My condolences. [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry you lost Bucky Maxx [​IMG]

6. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    There's a line in Lord of the Rings that seems to fit here... as Theodan is dieing he tells Eowyn he's ready to go to the halls of his Fathers, "in whose mighty presence he will no longer be ashamed."

Truly, Bucky's death could bring no greater honor to himself.

7. chickens rule123

chickens rule123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2010
    [​IMG] im sorry for you loss may bucky's son be just like bucky

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That was a nice memorial.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Bucky died doing what was his mission in life, to protect his girls. Be very proud of him for that! It's wild how much BJ and your new EE roo look alike!

I'd much rather my roosters die defending the flock than be struck down by some illness. That is what they were born to do. Chokes me up every time I hear one of those stories of a valiant rooster laying down his life for his girls.

10. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    He is now officially protecting the hens in God's coop. What a handsome boy he was. And his son is equally as beautiful. My sympathy to you for your loss. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by