Please Be Seated For Bucky's Funeral

So wonderful for you to share such a touching story of how he died saving his hens. I'm sure you are very proud of him. I know your loss and I feel your pain, as I can imagine you were attached to him. Glad that he had you to love him so much.

He is such a beautiful roo, and his son BJ is also so handsome. You have some very good looking roos, and some very lucky lady hens, being taken care of by good roos.

Hope you find a way to secure your coop or run, to make it more predator proof. They are such beautiful birds.

hugs.gif
So sorry about your big beautiful roo!!

Last edited:
Maxx,
hugs.gif

This is so sad. I remember when you first posted about him. I have always loved Bucky, and I am so sad he has passed. It is always the best roosters that go out this way. He fought for his flock, and that is so honorable, a lot of people wouldn't even do this!

Look to the future, but never forget.

hugs.gif

Oh, Maxx....I'm so sorry you lost Bucky! I know how much you love all your chickens - and you were sooooo proud of him!

I agree with what others have said, that it is a valliant way for a rooster to end his life - laying down his life so his girls may live. And I'm really glad you have his handsome son to fill that spot.

Maxx - you have got to be one of my favorite kids! I was just sitting here telling my husband about you, again. It's been great to watch you grow up here. I hope we get to see you again soon - I'm glad to pick up any chickens from Lakeland for you again
big_smile.png

I purchased an incubator about two months ago....so I'm going to try my hand at hatching some on my own. I'm glad to set anything you might want hatched. Let me know...

Big hug and tell your Dad I said "hi"!

Back
Top Bottom