Please Can U Help Me!

cloggadoo

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Over a week now i have had my Bantams (chickens). The youngest one (sugar) is the only one we are woried about. She sleeps alot more than the other to, when she drinks it looks like she has difficulties swollowing
sad.png
, also she breaths quite heavily, drinks fine though, she plays with everyone else, but is a bit weeker. PLZ CAN YOU GIVE ME A SUGESTION I REALLY NEEED A ANSWER!!!!
idunno.gif
:idunno:idunno:confused:

You could try some extra TLC... have you tried vitamins... infant Polyvisol WITHOUT iron? Hard boil some eggs, mash it up and give as a protien boost... make sure the chick is warm enough.

D

sounds to me as if the lil one was the runt give her time she will catch up my runt did the same thing and then one day he grew up and was fine he could hold his own with the others and everything....You may also want to check the temps of the brooder it may be to hot.
My Girls (and boys didnt know it at the time) liked it about 70-75 in the brooder as for the way they drink it is more then likely just the way she drinks you really didn't say how she drank so here it what mine do they scoop the water up in their beak they throw their heads back and gulp it down a little at a time but it looks as if they are chocking scared me to death the first time they did it.

I hope this helped you out some Good Luck and congratz ton the fuzzy butts

We have a heat lamp. Also do you think it might have worm or gape if its breathing heavily and having duficluties drinking
sad.png
. thanks for the advise though might try that. Also do you no how young they have to be to be wormed because their only a week old

I had a chick that seemed weaker than the others...he would set down alot like he was tired.......now he is fine.......I say just keep an eye on the little chick, and patience is the key......

Thanks for the replys everyone at the moment sugar the chick is under the heat lamp sleeping..

Back
Top Bottom