Please confirm that this is a gold laced Wyandotte??!!!

chezpoulet

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 31, 2010
Redmond WA
Hi all

My husband teases me about "lurking" in the shadows of the BYC forum for the past couple of months, as I researched raising chicks etc, so I finally joined BYC as an official member yesterday!
smile.png

I got my chicks from some family in town who had ordered more chicks than they needed. Two of the chicks are supposed to be Gold laced Wyandottes. All 5 chicks are 5 weeks old now, and we are really enjoying them! I am posting pics of the GLW - at what point would I start seeing the rose comb? It looks very much like they have got single combs, so I am curious about whether they mixed up the chicks- they had Welsummers as well in the mix. I also hope they are pullets!!

I am a complete newbie, so I really don't know what juvenile GLWs are supposed to look like!
74916_photo_8d11c07f-7469-17d9-c4f1-3df84665ab6e.jpg

74916_photo_5d083586-e42f-fb3c-17db-6173777fb152.jpg

74916_photo_1fb22f89-fdf8-a7c1-90b9-4d615c7b7b06.jpg

Thanks.

sorry Not a GLW.
Better pics will help, but it might be a Welsummers because you said there were some in the mix

Last edited:
Im sorry they do not look like GLW especially if they have a single comb:-( If we could get better photos perhaps we can identify more easily? Others might be able to tell you what it is but I cant:-(

Quote:
I don't think it is a GLw either but sonew just to let you know, there are Wyandottes that are born with single combs that come from hatcheries.

welcome-byc.gif
from Missouri!

Judging by their coloring, those are not GLWs. Hard to say now, but when they're fully feathered in a month or two we can tell you the breed.
smile.png

Many hatchery Wyandottes will have single combs (even though the Wyandotte breed standard calls for rose combs
roll.png
). I got five GLWs from Cackle, and three had single combs and two had rose combs...

Thanks all- shucks, I was hoping for GLWs, but Welsummers will work too. :) Let's hope the Aurtalorps and the Red sex-link are what they are supposed to be! Happy NY!

Hi, and welcome. If they have single combs, they are not wyandottes(they have rose combs-usually). From the limited photos...the one photo almost looks like a partridge coloration. Hard to say what you got but it will neat to see what you get
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom