Please critique my bantam barred rock (NEW PICS)

I know nothing about preferred bantam rock conformation, but I am enjoying mine. I already have pullets in silver penciled and Columbian, and I hope to add a coupla barred pullets before too long. Mine aren't even particularly friendly -- but they make some cute eye candy.
smile.png

Enjoy your pretty girl!

Quote:
Thank you amazondoc!

I was really surprised at how friendly she was from the start. I got her two days ago and she will sit and cuddle. Although she definitely tries to whoop up on my silkies.

The first thing that I find wrong with it, is that it's in your home, on your kitchen table no less. I find that disgusting, and with those habits, I would not want to be your dinner guest.

It'll be a nice little pet for you, but type wise, from those photos, it's got too much body length and not enough depth. It seems to have neck length more appropriate for a Dominique than a Rock.

I'm going to have to agree (with Professional's assessment of the bird anyway), although I am not an expert, her tail and body seem too long.

Quote:
I have taken many pics of my chickens on the dinner table and nothing a little Lysol can't clean and sanitize.
wink.png
Very pretty table decorations by the way. As for your chicken I can't critique her because I just don't know. She is very pretty and the kindness is a plus.

Quote:
All I can say is: Do you have kids?Because if you don't do not have any boys they bring in many odd things,lysol works well to clean up after kids and animals!

I'm actually thinking of getting 4 Barred Plymouth Rock Bantam in the spring instad of 2 larger layers though I'm still debating, the fact they are good layers and they eat less,take less space and I have 4 bantams already makes this ideal .

Thank you all for your input!

However, I think my question was about my bird, not whether or not you would consider eating at my house. To clarify, we do NOT eat on the table alone, we use table clothes and clean it frequently. The chicken was on the table for a quick photo, she isn't up there everyday.

Thanks again!

Quote:
With that attitude.....about the picture location, not the bird itself...... I doubt you get invited over to any of our houses anytime soon. Do you ever eat out? You might want to stop that because some very disgusting things happen in restaurant kitchens every day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom