Please critique my bantam barred rock (NEW PICS)

I totally groom my chickens before a show right on my dining room table and wash them in my kitchen sink.
lol.png

She has really nice type. Good tail, a little long. Her barring isn't great. It's crisp but uneven and kinda all over the place. Good face. Very pretty bird, should do well for you! I'd be happy to add a bird like that to my breeding program.

Quote:
Thank you!

Do you have any with proper barring that I could look at??

I am new to the breed, and don't really know what's going on...

Thanks!

2-18-2009003.jpg

He doesn't have perfect barring by a long shot, but see how his rows keep pretty uniform in direction, almost all of them end up pointing the same way in continuing lines across is body?

Quote:
With that attitude.....about the picture location, not the bird itself...... I doubt you get invited over to any of our houses anytime soon. Do you ever eat out? You might want to stop that because some very disgusting things happen in restaurant kitchens every day of the week.

thumbsup.gif

I'd rather eat with my chickens anytime over a restaurant. I've worked at them, people are nastier than birds. I have a brooder box on my kitchen table.

Oh gee, thanks guys
lol.png

The barring on his upper wing isn't great. But if you see how starting at his saddle feathers and continuing along to the tip of his tail, the rows stay pretty parallel? That's what you want to aim for.
Here's one more of Fabio 2.0 and two pictures of some younger pullets with good barring.
angelscamp2009010.jpg

7-29-08006-1.jpg

barredrocks8-22-08009-1.jpg

Last edited:
I raise Plymouth Barred Rocks for showing, and I would say that she has exellent barring. Is it a pullet? Her comb looks nice to me, and she has very nice yellow legs ( a good thing when it comes to barred rocks). I'm not very sure on what a good tail looks like, but i have a pullet that haas one just like yours.

Back
Top Bottom