Please give me chicken coop blue prints :)

I built my coop with the intent on having 2-3 chickens. Check out my BYC page...the coop is 4X4 and the run is 4X8.

There are a lot of factors when building, if you're up north you have to plan around insulating the place, if you're in the south you need to factor in heat, giving plenty of ventilation. You have to factor in predators as far as if you build it off the ground...

If you want to be able to move the run around the yard you have to plan around that.

You might want to check out craigslist though. And check out some of the folks here that turned a dog house or playhouse into a coop...

Also, advice I got here that has worked out is that if you want just 2 hens...then you should get maybe 4 chicks...there's a 50% chance that your chickens will become roosters...

I initially got 6 chicks because I wanted 2-3 hens...but the guy I bought them from had a decent track record for picking out female chicks...he said they were 90% likely to be hens. So I gave away two chicks and raised 4...one ended up being a rooster. So I ended up with what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom