Please give me chicken coop blue prints :)

a p p l e s

On holiday
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
vaughan
Hi guys i am new to this and am going to buy a few chicks and its my first time! I was planning to build a chicken coop but dont know where to start and what to do. So if you guys have blue prints that you can give me i will be most pleased. I am planning to only raise 2 hens if that helps. Thank you for your time
smile.png

P.S i found a hen house i liked but cant find the blue prints so if u can find one for like this one or something similar please post:) https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/34095_hen_house-front.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=34095

Last edited:
Quote:
Hello Im not sure if this will help but I was looking for the same thing a wile back. I got ripped off from build a coop in 3 days.I wanted or thought I needed step by step info. I used all the info here to get started. There coop page is good but you have to use your mind a bit for size and preference. so many pics help out a lot. I used scrap wood to make mine. Im putting the plans for my secon one in my head. Its a safe place LOL. Im going to use the info from this site to build it. yes there will be pics. every dumb qestion that I have asked has been anserd in a way that I dont feel dumb asking
smile.png
Good luck Scotty

Check out my BYC page. It gives step by step instructions on how to build a 4'x8' coop. That's a bit big for just two, but if you are like the rest of us you'll end up adding more anyway.
smile.png

It was fairly easy to do and used standard lumber lengths. It's at least a starting point for you.

If you look at the sticky on top of the coop forum, you can find the last round of coop pages. Almost all of them give step by step instructions. There are some really cool coops in there.

Also, try looking around for playhouses. My first coop was a 4'x4' playhouse I found on sale at Lowes. It was a kit and really easy to build.

Good luck!

There really are not very many coops with step by step directions. And if there are, they may not be the exact size you want. You will need to fudge some things. The coops pages are excellent information and the best collection of plans on the internet (I looked). There are a few plans for sale, the "Catawba coop" comes to mind. The problem with many pre-made coops are that the birds per space is way off. You could always look for dog house plans and modify them to make them a chicken coop. Keep in mind, the chicken do not care how perfect your construction is. If you are not handy, then it will come out with gaps here and there. That's why there are so many "ugly coops" posts on this forum.
hope this helps,
Scott

Quote:
The builder of the henhouse says right on his blog page that he will mail out the plans for $10. Why don't you try sending him a PM? He also has his email address listed.

Last edited:
Quote:
The builder of the henhouse says right on his blog page that he will mail out the plans for $10. Why don't you try sending him a PM? He also has his email address listed.

im poor lol
smile.png

Then this is a perfect opportunity for you to develop your skills by learning to build from photos or plans, which will be very useful for the whole rest of your life
smile.png

Heck, a lot of the coop design pages on this site are pretty close to being step by step, they are so detailed.

Really, you don't need this "please give me stuff for free", you can perfectly well do it the normal way like everyone else, honest
smile.png
All you're donig is building a box; and for heaven's sake, it's for CHICKENS, it doesn't have to be perfect.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom