Please give me your opinion

I don't think its a waste. I would use something like that to throw a rooster and 2 hens in for breading. Of course the hens would be in there more than a month and then id put in different hens.

If That makes sense.
Scott

I don't think its a waste. I would use something like that to throw a rooster and 2 hens in for breading. Of course the hens would be in there more than a month and then id put in different hens.

If That makes sense.
Scott
Yeah, or use it as a temporary home for a bird that needs to be separated for a short time. Don't feel bad :/
It'll work out fine I'm sure it will come in handy

I put five of my full grown birds in there and they have lots of room, they will be moved to fresh grass daily

The roof is really high so the roosts will be up there with a board underneath. They hang out under the coop most of the time when it rains

Hi
I just saw the coop you bought and I think lt looks great!! What else are we going to do with our money but buy what we love.....chickens,chips, coops etc. You did a perfect job in my eyes.
Have fun with your flock. You can always add more later if you want. :) Its a great start.

I don't know I have read it can cause behavior issue in some bird being over crowded.
I gave my thoughts a couple post back base on the footprint. High roofs do not change the footprint.
Are the birds able to free range or is this a tractor?

Scott

Hello I started out with 4 girls in a coop that was about the same size. But I started noticing some loss of feathers. It just wasn't enough room for them.

I recently took my small coop (cost me 600) and used all its parts to turn my shed into a coop. I have 8 girls now so I needed extra space. They are much happier.

Other issues I had with my smaller coop, ventilation, not enough warmth in the winter, and more dominant hens were picking on the younger ones for space around the feeders.

But I had to learn all that the hard way. If you check out my posts I have my newly renovated shed on there. I've made some more changes to it that I'll be adding soon.

They say chickens should have 4 square feet each in a coop, and the run 10 square feet each bird.

Have fun it's a process for sure!

Back
Top Bottom