PLEASE HEEEEELP! HURT BABY CHICK! NEEDING TO KNOW IF WE CAN HELP HER, IF SHE WILL LIVE AND NEEDING A

ArtGirl

Chicken crazy
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
With chickens somewhere.......
We went to our feed store yesterday to pick up our chick order when one of the road island reds in the case was crawling around and wasn't doing good at all. The feed store assistance's were going to give up on her and let her die
hit.gif
. So we said that we would help nurse her and try to make her well. She has really crocked legs and we need to know how to fix them and any tips would be appreciated. We read online that if you put the legs together with vets tap or other gentle tap it will correct the crocked legs but it looks like the joint is deformed so were wondering if it will work. She is barely eating and drinking and we need to now if there is any hope for her
sad.png
. We also need a good name for her so any suggestions is very helpful
smile.png

Quite the challenge you took on! I would try to tape her legs anyway. She may still be young enough to regrow her legs straight. I might would put some vitamins or energy supplements in her water. You can put a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt in her water for energy. There is a chance that she could live, a slim one but a chance nonetheless!

Her are 2 of the pics we got. The first one is of the bent ankle part. the second one is of the band that we put on her. We also mad her some chick flip flops to correct her curled feet but I couldn't get the picture to load.

Hope she makes it!
How about:
Pascha - Derived from the Hebrew for Passover
Glory

Maybe try feeding her with some chick feed made into a mash with water through and eye dropper. We had to do that with a sick chick a while back to ensure she was getting hydration and some energy. (Only 24 hours then she was back up and eating/drinking on her own).

Prayers are with you and this little sweetie!

Back
Top Bottom