PLEASE HELP!! 10 little Eggs dont know what to do!!

kyliesmommax5

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
OK!! My dad (a farmer) Knows that I am into chickens and ducks. Well he was swathing (cutting hay) this morning and ran over a pheasant nest! He killed the mother but stopped and picked up the clutch of 10 eggs and brought them to me!! Now I have never hatched anything let alone pheasants! What temp are they supposed to be? How many times a day do they need turned a day? Are they supposed to be lay on end or their side? Any help would be great!
big_smile.png

I dont have an incubator right now. So I put them in saw dust on their sides and have the heat lamp on them, their current temp is 99.8. Do you think that that is good?

Last edited:
It sounds good to me, just be sure to turn the eggs three times a day and keep the humidity at eighty percent, you can do this by putting the bowl of water in whatever you have them in. Also please take the eggs out of the sawdust, and place them on a cloth

the humidity cant be at 80 percent the whole time it needs to be at 50 then for the last 3 days it needs to be at 80 it takes 23 to 24 days so stop turning on day 20.

Quail's hollar Farm :

Are you sure? I've hatched tons of quail at 80 percent humidity throughout the entire hatching process and had a 97% hatch rate.

I am kina curious how the 80% was measured ? With a wet bulb hygrometer , or with a cheapie from wally world or with a reptile hygrometer from the pet store? TIA​

Back
Top Bottom