Please help. 21 week old chicken-rooster or hen??

hmillie

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
Hello Everyone!
I got my second batch of chicks back in January and I cannot tell if one of them is a rooster or not. There has been no crowing, but there is something about him that just seems like a rooster to me! I had convinced myself it was a hen until last week when I saw him try to mount one of the hens from his batch. I only saw him do it once , but I'm back to thinking he's a he. He's an olive egger, but I don't know which breeds he's mixed with. What do you guys think?? IMG_3413.JPG IMG_3414.JPG IMG_3415.JPG IMG_3417.JPG

Hello Everyone!
I got my second batch of chicks back in January and I cannot tell if one of them is a rooster or not. There has been no crowing, but there is something about him that just seems like a rooster to me! I had convinced myself it was a hen until last week when I saw him try to mount one of the hens from his batch. I only saw him do it once , but I'm back to thinking he's a he. He's an olive egger, but I don't know which breeds he's mixed with. What do you guys think??View attachment 1038886View attachment 1038889View attachment 1038892View attachment 1038894
Gorgeous I can't tell you much on sex but that chicken looks a lot like my blue anadalasin. Mine is almost 14
20170608_115437.jpg
weeks so still kind of small.

Thanks everyone! I live in the city and cannot have roosters and she is so gorgeous, I really wanted to keep her. I was convinced from week two she was a he because she is sooo aloof. She won't let me touch her at all, even though I raised her from a chick. Oh well, she doesn't have to be my best friend as long as gives me some gorgeous eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom