PLEASE HELP! 3 hours hatched gosling is shaking and breathing heavy, seems weak

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Ephyra, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ephyra

Ephyra In the Brooder

Apr 13, 2019
    Hatched 2 hours ago, first time hatching I don’t know what’s normal but this doesn’t seem normal. Very shakey, breathing seems heavy, can scoot around incubator but hasn’t walked yet. Please help what can I do?

2. Mvan42

Mvan42 Chirping

Mar 15, 2019
    Give it time.. it takes a lot for them to hatch. I had a chick take almost 12 hours to get its energy after hatching..

Miss Lydia likes this.
  3. Ephyra

Ephyra In the Brooder

Apr 13, 2019

I took a video, Would you say this is normal? I have no idea what is normal but it doesn’t seem right. He seems really shaky?

4. Mvan42

Mvan42 Chirping

Mar 15, 2019
    Looks is like it is really tired. I am new to hatching my self but I would say give it time it’s still wet also so it may just take a little longer to perk up..

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "Be Strong in the Lord"

Keep that little one in the bator to close to fluffed. Hopefully this morning it’s much perkier.

6. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Crowing

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Looks like a normal exhausted hatchling .

Miss Lydia likes this.
  7. Mvan42

Mvan42 Chirping

Mar 15, 2019
    How is it doing????

8. Ephyra

Ephyra In the Brooder

Apr 13, 2019
    Thanks everyone for the responses, he (or she) is doing well so far! Sorry for not updating sooner, I was up literally all night just watching him making sure he was still alive so I was really tired. As it turns out I am just neurotic! :) I've never seen a newborn baby gosling and that all seemed so concerning but I guess it's normal. He's pretty fluffed up now, not doing any of the scary stuff anymore and seems bright and healthy! But if anyone has any real red flags that I should be looking out for, please let me know! Thanks everyone!!

IMG_0484.JPG

Magnolia Ducks, Miss Lydia and Mvan42 like this.
  9. Miss Lydia

If your brooder is nice an warm and your little one is fluffed you can put it into the brooder place a stuffed animal in with it to cuddle with.

10. Miss Lydia

Great news on the little one

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: