Please Help!! Anyone? Hen not pooping at all. Not broody

Pics
Exactly, she's fine except she's not pooping. Where is the food going though?
Idk. I would just keep watching her crop to make sure she doesn't have a blockage. She could just be playing around instead of actually eating her food have you guys been feeding her to many treats latley. Sometimes they will protest

Are you keeping her isolated in a small area with a solid floor, like concrete or something similar (aka not dirt or any substrate)? Otherwise, maybe you're missing her poops or mistaking hers for the other birds. Even if she had internal parasites, feed that goes in *continously* must come out.

Idk. I would just keep watching her crop to make sure she doesn't have a blockage. She could just be playing around instead of actually eating her food have you guys been feeding her to many treats latley. Sometimes they will protest
I'll check her crop in the morning then. She's eating too. We have been giving her a lot of treats so I guess that's the reason.

She mostly pounds her pellets into powder and doesn't eat the powder so I'm not sure how much she's actually eating.

Are you keeping her isolated in a small area with a solid floor, like concrete or something similar (aka not dirt or any substrate)? Otherwise, maybe you're missing her poops or mistaking hers for the other birds. Even if she had internal parasites, feed that goes in *continously* must come out.
She's in a cage with those flakes/hays bedding. Haven't seen any poops as it's clean except for some feathers.

Likely the poop is getting stirred up in the shavings.
She's playing/bathing, eating/drinking...

We didn't take her to the vet as my parents thought it was nothing serious. She was playing/bathing all morning. Eating and drinking well. Still not pooping but I'm beginning to doubt she's sick .

Likely the poop is getting stirred up in the shavings.
She's playing/bathing, eating/drinking...
Nope. At 4pm she perches on the top of the cage so I kept white paper underneath and it was clean when I removed it the next day.

Anyway, 3 days later, she's finally pooping normally! Better late then never I guess. I'm so relieved.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom