Please Help!! Baby ducklin with left let going inward and lagging behind?????

Hippychick01

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
I am looking for some advice. This duckling was orn Tuesday,,,,,the leg lags bedhind but it is totally functional. I don't know if ither is something more I should be doing or if this is just condition that ther is not much hope for, Please respiond if you can give me any advice. ThANs STACY

Hi, Stacy,

Start giving the baby some poultry vitamins. Sometimes thiamine can help. Sometimes it is a niacin problem. It is hard to know if it will straighten out, but there are a number of things you can do to help.

Some people splint the leg. Let's hope someone who has done it can weigh in soon.

Welcome!

I believe I have the same problem there and honestly have no clue on what to do.
I believe Amiga has given some very good advise, please try the poultry vitamins [Poultry Nutri Drench] is an excellent one and see if that doesn't give your little duckling the help it needs right now. http://barnyardsandbackyards.org/2010/09/18/review-nutri-drench/ you have to scroll down a ways on this link to read about the Nutri drench for fowl but it's there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom