Please help - bald faces and one has a lump!!

KrazyKritters

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Floyd Co, Va
I have a few young. hens with weird looking faces and I'm not sure if it's normal or not. One of them has a strange bump that came the past few days. I know that's not normal but i don't have a clue what it is or how to treat it!! They are about 22wks haven't started laying yet and are suppose to be BCM. I have had multiple issues since I got them and thought we were finally past everything.

I will try uploading a few photos.

Thanks in advance,
Cassandra

Wow, that's kind of huge! Does it feel hot? Is it mushy around the base? It almost looks like there could be puss in the base of it? Wish I could say I knew what it was, hopefully someone with more info will come along. Maybe something sinus related?

It didn't feel warm this evening and is a little hardish (if that makes sence). I've checked everywhere for mites and lice on my birds and in my coops, found nothing. Not sure about favus I will have to look into that more and there is no powdery stuff. I know the last 2 photos are kinda dark. I can take better ones in the morning. Flash made it look white so didn't use. Thank you for your responses :)

Back
Top Bottom