PLEASE HELP. .. CAN'T RAISE HUMIDITY IN INCUBATOR

Dougs chix

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2015
Waynesville, NC
I really need some advice. I'm on day 18 and i cannot get the humidity past 50%. In using a little giant still air incubator and have filled all the water cells in the bottom and have 2 rags in the cells. What else can i do to raise the humidity?

The rags are a good start. To bring humidity up you need surface area. sponges are also a good choice. Make sure you are giving your hygrometer time to adjust so it will give an accurate reading. Has been a long time since I used a Styrofoam bator. Aren't there holes that need to be plugged to help increase humidity?

Last edited:
Did you calibrate your hygrometer so, you know it is accurate? There is a how to article here, I think in the Learning Center on hatching with a little giant. I will try to find it for you.

"surface area" means wet objects. Water in the channels has however many square inches of water surface exposed to air. Adding wet rags and sponges provides more wet surface for evaporation, which will raise humidity.

Are your windows wet or foggy? Do your eggs look like they have a mist on them? If so, stop trying to raise humidity, and check your hygrometer after hatch.

"surface area" means wet objects.  Water in the channels has however many square inches of water surface exposed to air.  Adding wet rags and sponges provides more wet surface for evaporation, which will raise humidity.

Are your windows wet or foggy?  Do your eggs look like they have a mist on them?  If so, stop trying to raise humidity, and check your hygrometer after hatch.

x2

Ok that's what i figured you meant. I have the entire bottom filled with water. i added more so hopefully it will help. Thank you so much for the feedback!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom