Please help! Chick needs help???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by OneCrazyCowgirl, Sep 8, 2013.

1. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

So my chicken had a baby 5 days early and yesterday I noticed she abandoned the eggs. I was about to throw them out when I heard a peep and it moved in my hand. I quickly put it back. The next day she wasnt sitting on them. The egg was cold, no peeps but I could feel a little movement. What do I do? I don't have an incubator so that won't work. I put a wet towel around it with a heat lamp. I'm keepin it at 99 degrees. Once I put it in the heat and it started moving wildly inside the egg and peeped. Now it's quiet. Will it be alright? Do I need to do anything else? How long do you think it'll hatch
    It's been under the heat lamp and my watch for 3 hours. I hear the occasional peep and move but no crack. It's been doing this for 2 days. I'm afraid it won't last much longer if its taking forever.

Should I help it out ???

2. OneCrazyCowgirl

Please help yall

3. OneCrazyCowgirl

Someone please

4. OneCrazyCowgirl

Please help

5. Rotorranch

Rotorranch Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I'd say you are doing all you can. Maybe go buy a small foam cooler and put the heat lamp in there with the egg, and the lid on it. A couple of half inch holes in the lid for ventilation if the lid fits tight. Watch the temp, and be patient.

Read where one poster used a heating pad.

Be careful it doesn't get too hot, whatever you do.

Rotor

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by