Please Help-Chicken can't walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Organic-Wine-Os, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Organic-Wine-Os

Organic-Wine-Os New Egg

May 25, 2014
    We have a Delaware pullet who has been sick for a few days now. She eats and drinks water, but can't walk. We had a few hens pecking at her and jumping on her to mount her. So, we put her in her own area. She's eating fine, but she has to use her wings to keep her balance. She also has diarrhea. She eats an all organic diet and is able to free range. I gave her cinnamon for the reA, we use apple cider vinegar in the water and I even put some drops of oil of oregano in the water sometimes. I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to do for her. If anyone has any idea please help us. We love our little Ruby girl.

Thank You

2. Soot the silkie

Soot the silkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2014
    Humboldt, California
    She has vitamin deficiency. You can help her by giving her B vitamin in her food and water. I have a silkie with the same problem, and she's getting better. I know what you mean about being at a loss because I wasn't sure what was wrong with mine. You should try B vitamins. Good luck with your little girl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by