please help! chickens not safe!

The tractor is even better now, it has a backhoe on it
big_smile.png
I hate shovels. Yes your sheriff's office won't want to do much, most of them are rather arrogant and believe it is below them to deal with that sort of thing, they gave me a heck of a hard time until another neighbor started to call in and complain as well and back up my complaints. Just keep complaining, and don't really call them and ask for information that they don't really care to discuss, simply call them and state that you would like to file a complaint, don't do it anonymously, give your name and address and the name and address of the offending animal owner if you have that info. Tell them what kind of animals you are dealing with and tell them this has been a repeated issue for some time and you are tired of dealing with it, they must investigate every complaint filed or else refer you to the proper authority for which you should file the complaint. I don't know how your local gov't is set up but a call to the town chairmen or other such person in your area to discuss the issue may be beneficial too, my town has no ordinance on animal control so it is the county sheriff's jurisdiction. Also in my area that damaged fence is reason enough to kill a dog, that is considered doing damage, damage includes more than just killing chickens, I say if a dog ruins anything that cost me time or money to build or plant or raise then it is a killing offense. You may also consider putting a article in the editorial section of the newspaper explaining the situation to the public if the sheriff or animal control officers refuse to help, it will make them look bad and also will make the dog owner look bad, they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Shovels do suck. I drive a tractor at work, I work on a ranch, and you can't scoop up anything unless is sloppy wet muck or super heavy. My neighbor has finally caught on I'm super annoyed with her. She saw my fence torn up in a new spot and came over saying shes sorry if it was her dogs but she didn't think it was but it could have been. But we have a lot of coyotes but it could have been her dogs. Just like that too. Man this lady is not firing on all cylinders if u know what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom