Please help determining breed and gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fredonon, Sep 23, 2013.

1. fredonon

fredonon New Egg

Sep 23, 2013
    Hello
    Can someone help me have a basic estimate of what breed these chickens are? I just decided to raise them for fun but now that they are reaching laying point(my limited knowledge from the internet), I wanna know some details
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/strathfield/livestock/two-chickens-not-fully-grown/1028300055
    There are pictures of them on this site, don't worry I'm not selling them
    My friend did it as a joke and hasn't taken the ad down yet haha...

2. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    Cross between Silkie and Brahma or Silkie and Delaware???

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not really familiar with the crested breeds, but there's something crested back there. I'm not sure it's silkie, with those straight combs and light skin, I can't see how many toes in the pics. The color is Colombian, which could be a couple different breeds. Basically, mixed breed birds.

4. dezziy

dezziy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Ocala, Florida!
    oh wow this made me giggle when i seen them they are soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! i think for sure part silkie and colombian :)

5. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA

I had several Silkie eggs fertilized by a Salmon Faverolles roo. Some of the resulting chicks were white and their legs were as light as a Sussex. Silkie crosses can have four toes, they do produce chicks with light skin and little to no crest and single combs (even a PQ Silkie can have a single comb!). Nothing wrong there for a Silkie, just not real sure where it got the Columbian color.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by