Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
@MGG this is all of the progress this chick has made today and it's been rolled from one side of the incubator to the other (diagonally ~was by the water port and is now on the opposite back corner), by the hatched chick. Do I leave it to continue to try?
20200810_180605.jpg

There's your problem. Yes, it's too high. I have one that I had problems with, but in the opposite direction. TOO cool. Talked to a few others and it appeared that this was common to this particular brand. Bumped it up above the 99.5 pre-set, to 102.5 on the thermostat, and the thermometers I have inside then registered right where I needed it to be, and after that I started having better hatches. You might try bumping the Incuview down a couple of degrees, doing a couple of tenths of a point at a time, letting it stabilize, and then testing with the thermometer inside to see where it registers at, to bring it down to the ideal of 99.5.

I did end up having to manually turn the temp down but just a tiny bit. Initially I reduced it by a half a degree and it made too huge a difference, so I believe I ended up with it at 99.2. It was so wierd how just a teeny tiny bit made all the difference in the world. I've got eggs in the Incuview right now that are due to go into lockdown later this week. This will be the first time I've hatched in the Incuview. Hopefully there won't be anymore temperature fluctuations. Thank you for the advice. I apologize I didn't reply before.

Sorry Heather! I haven't been on much today. So the CCL is the one that pipped in a weird spot, thanks for the clarification. Mally's chick is adorable, such a sweet face.
So, how long has it been externally pipped now? (the famous question, lol)
I would think since it's been rolled, and thus disoriented by the move, it will probably take a couple extra hours. What's your humidity at?
I think you should remove Mally's chick, and mist the CCL. Get the shell out of there too. Is the egg next to it in post 372 Mally's other egg?

Sorry Heather! I haven't been on much today. So the CCL is the one that pipped in a weird spot, thanks for the clarification. Mally's chick is adorable, such a sweet face.
So, how long has it been externally pipped now? (the famous question, lol)
I would think since it's been rolled, and thus disoriented by the move, it will probably take a couple extra hours. What's your humidity at?
I think you should remove Mally's chick, and mist the CCL. Get the shell out of there too. Is the egg next to it in post 372 Mally's other egg?

I'm not sure how long it's been pipped. It externally pipped on the side of the egg that was almost pointing directly towards the ground so I wasn't checking there. I had to lean over the incubator and look from the back side to even see the pip. I definitely could have missed this as early as this morning, so it could have pipped in the middle of the night.
The egg that is now beside it is Mally's other egg that hasn't done anything. Should I mist them both with warm water? I haven't misted them before so this will be new. I can't tell if the chick is chewing or fussing. I am able to see the beak poking out often. I have placed a moist Sponge (haven't opened the incubator since the pip with these eggs. I'm just talking about anytime I've done iwith any other chicks) tin the incubator if I have to open it and there is an external pip in there. My humidity was at 70% but now it's at 67%. It's really going through the water today.

I'm not sure how long it's been pipped. It externally pipped on the side of the egg that was almost pointing directly towards the ground so I wasn't checking there. I had to lean over the incubator and look from the back side to even see the pip. I definitely could have missed this as early as this morning, so it could have pipped in the middle of the night.
The egg that is now beside it is Mally's other egg that hasn't done anything. Should I mist them both with warm water? I haven't misted them before so this will be new. I can't tell if the chick is chewing or fussing. I am able to see the beak poking out often. I have placed a moist Sponge (haven't opened the incubator since the pip with these eggs. I'm just talking about anytime I've done iwith any other chicks) tin the incubator if I have to open it and there is an external pip in there. My humidity was at 70% but now it's at 67%. It's really going through the water today.
Ok. I would candle Mally's other egg then when you remove the chick. Yep, just fill a clean mist bottle with warm water and spray a fine mist on them.
Can you take the CCL egg in a dark room and candle it? Look for any veins. Make sure you don't mist it until after you have candled though. Misting it will make it wet and slippery.

Back
Top Bottom