Please help! Don’t know what’s wrong with her.

What is wrong with my hen?

• Egg bound?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disease?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mitchellwhitey

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2019
9C85DF45-6BAB-4532-B1DF-9DAC60873C34.png
What is wrong with this chicken? My mother and I are trying to figure out and it’s been like this since yesterday. Please help me, she can still poop.

What makes you think something is wrong? All we can see is there is something on the rear end of this bird...
That is exactly what I’m talking about. There’s a red big lump stuck under her vent. And there’s white fluid around it. She can still poop, I don’t know if she can lay.

621ADBF1-BE7E-4079-ABE8-D8B05E55C24D.png

Attachments

• 9C85DF45-6BAB-4532-B1DF-9DAC60873C34.png
    9C85DF45-6BAB-4532-B1DF-9DAC60873C34.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • DB557938-12F3-4EE3-92C8-BBEDA874952A.png
    DB557938-12F3-4EE3-92C8-BBEDA874952A.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
Is her belly distended at all? How does it feel? The white stuff looks very similar to what poops from a chicken that is "internally laying" look like. I also see the red sore. Is she eating? Walking around like nothing is wrong, or is she rather listless, walking like a pregnant woman? Does she hold her wings up or are they droopy? :confused:

Is her belly distended at all? How does it feel? The white stuff looks very similar to what poops from a chicken that is "internally laying" look like. I also see the red sore. Is she eating? Walking around like nothing is wrong, or is she rather listless, walking like a pregnant woman? Does she hold her wings up or are they droopy? :confused:
She is perfectly fine. Everything you asked, she’s perfect. All besides the red sore and that’s pretty much it.

Have the other hens been picking on her or vent pecking? She has some feather loss, and it looks like hardened crust under the vent. It would be good if you could bring her inside and soak her for 20 minutes in either warm water with Epsom salts or some Dawn or Betadine. Wash off the poop and gunk, when you get ther dry, take a new picture. While she is in there, use a glove it you have one, and insert one finger inside the vent an inch for a stuck egg, egg material, membrane, etc. Make sure that she is dried with a hair dryer and completely dry. Apply some plain Neosporin ointment to her vent area. Can you see what is going on under her belly in the first picture?

If you can clean her up a bit with warm water perhaps more will be discoverable such as whether the source of goo is the vent or an abcess. Then any new discharge can be looked at aside from poo on her rear, as to any sign of blood or yolk or uunusual odor such as yeast.

Back
Top Bottom